There are several important factors for parents to consider when selecting a quality education in Bahrain.
• Qualified and experienced teachers who provide a positive learning environment that ultimately benefits students.
• A school with a culture of ongoing learning and collaboration where teachers prioritise their professional development, share best practices and ultimately engage and connect more with students. A school with an engaged team, a nurturing environment and a commitment to lifelong learning.
• Schools in Bahrain with international curriculums. It is important to understand the options available and choose an academically challenging curriculum that is child-centric but is not overwhelming.
• A number of private schools in Bahrain offer extracurricular activities. Taking part in sports, music, arts programmes and other after-school activities provides an opportunity to build teamwork skills, bond with other students and explore various interests. These activities can also enhance the personality and moral values of the students. It is important to assess what is on offer as these activities contribute to a better learning process and develop well-rounded individuals.
• A school with a clear set of values that promote positive behaviours.
• The distance between the school and home, the accessibility and whether the school provides transportation.
• The age ranges taught at the school as a through school will ensure that students remain with their friends throughout their learning journey making lifelong friends and connections.
• The academic results and pastoral care provided. Before making any decision, a visit to the school is recommended to experience the atmosphere of the school, meet the teachers, observe the students in their classes and at play, speak to other parents and generally gather more information. Admissions for the top international schools in Bahrain tend to have waiting lists so it is highly recommended that parents apply in advance in order to secure a space for their family.