The British School of Bahrain is a private, independent school and we charge fees for enrollment and attendance. The levels of fees we charge are approved by the Ministry of Education and are reviewed annually. We are required to submit applications for the fee increases to the Ministry of Private Education for approval.
The fees stated in the schedule below are per term for 2015-2016. There are three terms per academic year.
|Class||Age||Fees per Term|
|Kindergarten||3 – 4||867.000|
|Key Stage 1|
|Reception||4 – 5||1,102.000|
|Year 1||5 – 6||1,102.000|
|Year 2||6 – 7||1,102.000|
|Key Stage 2|
|Year 3||7 – 8||1,254.000|
|Year 4||8 – 9||1,254.000|
|Year 5||9 – 10||1,363.000|
|Year 6||10 – 11||1,364.000|
|Key Stage 3|
|Year 7||11 – 12||1,569.000|
|Year 8||12 – 13||1,569.000|
|Year 9||13 – 14||1,641.000|
|Key Stage 4 and Sixth Form|
|Year 10||14 – 15||1,717.000|
|Year 11||15 – 16||1,717.000|
|Year 12||16 – 17||2,242.000|
|Year 13||17 – 18||2,242.000|
The preferred method of payment is by cash or cheque directly at the School’s Accounts Department. Cheques should be made payable to “The British School of Bahrain”. Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards are also accepted at the School’s Accounts Department, but will incur convenience fee of 2.6%.
It is requested that no direct deposits are made to the School’s bank account. Parents who pay by electronic transfer are requested to quote the invoice number and student name as transaction reference and submit a receipt of this transaction to the accounts department.
Misplacement or non-receipt of the original invoice will not be considered a valid reason for failure to pay the fees by the due date.
Tuition fees for the term are payable in full regardless of sickness or absence for other reasons (including study leave).
Where payment has been made by cheque and the issued cheque is not honoured by the bank for whatever reason, a further administration charge of BD25 will be levied.
In the event of the non-payment of school fees by the due date, the School reserves the right to remove the student from the school roll and offer the place to a student on the waiting list.
The School offers a 10% discount on tuition fees for the third youngest enrolled child and a 25% discount for the fourth and fifth youngest enrolled child of the same family. These discounts are only allowed if fees are paid on time. Any delay in payment will result in the FULL fees (i.e. without discounts) being payable.
Payment of Fees
- Parents are required to settle the Registration, Book/Resources deposit fee and the Term Tuition fees in advance, before enrolment.
- Parents are encouraged to pay their Tuition fee in advance as per the due dates to avoid late penalty fee of 10% and forfeiting of siblings discounts, as and where applicable.
- Parents have the option to pay their fee in instalments; this will attract a service charge of 25% per child and instalments must be paid by direct debit, standing order or Post-dated cheques. An instalment plan will be issued prior to enrolment. This will be in liaison with the Head of Accounts & Finance and subject to management committee’s approval.
- Dates on which payments are due are clearly indicated on the Invoice and it is the responsibility of individual parents to ensure fees are paid on time.
- The School reserves the right to suspend or expel any student who has overdue fees.
- Students who have overdue fees may be refused entry to the School premises and suspended from attending classes and/ or using School facilities. This includes the right for the School to refuse letter requests and cancel student name from the enrolment register.
- The preferred method of payment is by cash or cheque directly at the School’s Accounts Department. Cheques should be made payable to “The British School of Bahrain”. Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards are also accepted at the School’s Accounts Department, but will incur convenience fee of 2.6%.
- It is requested that no direct deposits are made to the School’s bank account. Parents who pay by electronic transfer are requested to quote the invoice number and student name as transaction reference and submit a receipt of this transaction to the accounts department either by hand or via email.
- Any student who is suspended, expelled or withdrawn by the School for breach of the School’s terms and conditions is not entitled to any refund; he/she will also be liable to pay the remainder of the fee, in its entirety, at the discretion of the School.
- The School will take such action, including recourse to the legal process, as it deems necessary to recover all outstanding debt. Any such action will also include the recovery of reasonable costs incurred by the School in relation to the recovery procedures.
- The School also reserves the right to charge a 10% late fee surcharge where a payment is made after the applicable instalment due dates. Parents/Students will incur a penalty charge for each missed instalment.
- The whole remaining fee becomes immediately payable for students who are in breach of their agreement without prior written consent from the School; this is at the discretion of the School.
- Invoices for the Annual fees are generally handed out at the time of enrolment for new students and for existing students, posted ten weeks prior to the end of the Summer term, with payment due six weeks prior to the end of that term. In the event of the invoice still not having been received eight weeks prior to the end of term, the Accounts Office should be contacted and a duplicate invoice obtained. Misplacement or non-receipt of the original invoice will not be considered a valid reason for failure to pay the fees by the due date.
- Tuition fees for the term are payable in full regardless of sickness or absence for other reasons (including study leave). Where payment has been made by cheque and the issued cheque is not honoured by the bank for whatever reason, a further administration charge of BD25 will be levied.
- In the event of the non-payment of school fees by the due date, the School reserves the right to remove the student from the school roll and offer the place to a student on the waiting list.
- Parents/Students must remember at all times that the school’s agreement is with the Individual parents/students and they are liable to pay the school all the prescribed fees, as and when necessary. The employer of the parents will have nothing to do with the school.
- No students are allowed to enter the class if school fees have not been paid, also s/he will not be allowed to sit any examinations if the appropriate fees have not been paid.
Non-payment or Late Payment of Fees
- Fees paid after the due date are subject to a 10% surcharge.
- There is a BD25.000 administration charge for any dishonoured cheques. If your account has a history of dishonoured cheques, the school may require that future payments are made in cash or banker’s cheques.
- Entry into examinations and activities for which fees are due will be denied where relevant charges or tuition fees have not been paid.
- If more than one child from a family is enrolled AND the full amount owing for ALL enrolled children is not settled by the invoice due date, the school reserves the right to withdraw the places for ALL siblings in that family who are enrolled at the school.
- In these circumstances the school may cancel the places allocated to the family and, additionally, offer them to new applicants for places at the school. There is a demand for places and we have waiting lists in most year groups. The fees for the term are payable in full, regardless of sickness or absence for other reasons (including study leave).
- If the fees for a term are not paid by the due date a 10% surcharge is levied and the school reserves the right to exclude them from attending school. In addition, the school may withdraw the childs place.
- No exam certificates, school reports or transfer documents will be released until all outstanding fees have been settled.
- Refunds will only be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in clauses 4.2 to 4.11, and provided students requesting a refund have complied fully with the School’s terms and conditions.
- It is the policy of the School not to refund tuition fees. If unforeseen and pressing circumstances result in a student having to leave before the start of the new term, a 50% refund of tuition fees may be considered, provided that the School has received written notice prior to the due date for advance payment of fees for that term. Such refunds will be granted solely at the discretion of the School and only in exceptional circumstances.
- All applications for refunds must be made in writing by submitting a completed ‘Refund Request Form’ to the Admissions Department at least 60 days prior to the term start date (as detailed in the offer letter).
- Where the school is unable to provide the programme of study for which the student originally applied for, offered and accepted and the applicant does not want to take up a place on any alternative programme offered, the applicant will be considered for a refund.
- Refunds will only be made via the original payment method; except where the original payment was made by cash.
- Parents are liable to pay any bank/ transfer charges associated with the processing of a refund application.
- The School will aim to process all refunds within 6 weeks from the date the complete ‘Refund Request Form’ and any supporting documents are received.
- If the student is eligible for a refund of their fees by bank draft or cheque, the School will not be in any way responsible for the draft after its dispatch from the School premises and will not issue a replacement draft or cheque if it is lost or misplaced.
- Refunds will not be made to a third party unless the School has received (written) explicit authorisation from the applicant. This should be in the form of a signed hard-copy letter from the parent, specifically authorising the School to refund their fees to a named third party. This condition applies regardless of the source of the original fee payment.
Other fees are payable in individual cases. These include:
GCSE and ‘A’ Level examination entry fees
ESL, Additional Mathematics
Specific School outings
Fees for these and arrangements for payment will be notified separately.
Please note that total GCSE and A-level fees can amount to several hundred Bahrain Dinars and will increase if the Examining Board increases their fees. Entry into examinations and activities for which fees are due will be denied where relevant charges or tuition fees have not been paid.